Bubble milk tea originates from Taiwan but has since grown in popularity all around the world. Though there are many different versions of milk tea, we have recreated a version that uses everyone's favorite Japanese Hojicha roasted green tea!
This Hojicha bubble milk tea is one you can easily make at home, whether you want it hot or cold. Satisfy your bubble tea or boba cravings with this simple homemade Hojicha bubble milk tea that's got nutty and caramel notes from lightly sweetened tapioca.
Scroll to the bottom to watch our video below for step-by-step instructions on how to make this drink.
HOJICHA BUBBLE MILK TEA RECIPE
Serving Size: 1
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Hojicha loose tea
- 8oz of choice of milk (whole and oat milk are our favorite)
- 1/4 cup of tapioca
- 1 tbsp honey (or any sweetener of choice)
- Hot water
How to make Hojicha Bubble Milk Tea:
- In a small saucepan, boil the tapioca for 5 minutes or as per the directions.
- When ready, drain the water from the tapioca. Then stir in honey on the tapioca over low heat for a minute and set aside. Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning.
- In another saucepan, pour the milk over the Hojicha loose tea. Stir gently and heat on the stove.
- Once the milk and tea start to boil, remove them from the fire and set them aside.
- Combine the ingredients by scooping the tapioca and honey syrup into a cup and pour the Hojicha milk tea through a strainer to avoid any loose leaves in the drink.
- Stir together and enjoy!
Tips for enjoying:
- For a bolder flavor, feel free to increase the amount of Hojicha loose tea!
- Be sure to not boil the tea leaves too long in milk to avoid the teas from turning bitter
- If you want this cold, simply prepare the hojicha milk first, set it aside to cool, and when assembling, add ice
If you want to read more articles on hojicha recipes and guides, check them out here:
- Hojicha Mochi Brownies Recipe
- How to Make A Hojicha Latte
- Hojicha Milk and Honey Bread Recipe
- A Guide to Hojicha: Different Types, Benefits, and How to Brew
- 8 Health Benefits of Hojicha Roasted Green Tea
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: