Need a comforting drink to enjoy at any time of the day? A homemade hojicha tea latte may be the perfect drink for you! In Japan and other countries around the world, hojicha lattes are frequently served in coffee shops and tea houses, but you can make it right in the comfort of your own home.
Using our Hojicha Homura Powder, you'll be able to make a nutty and roasted-flavored latte with a warm, earthy flavor. In Addition, Hojicha Homura Roasted Green Tea Powder is made from deeply roasted tencha that is finely grounded into hojicha tea powder. This powder is packed with nutrients and has an incredibly fragrant aroma with a bold, full-bodied roasted flavor which makes it an excellent choice to make this latte.
Hojicha Tea Latte Recipe
Total Time: 2 minutes
Serving Size: ~10 oz serving
- 1 tsp (2g) Hojicha Roasted Green Tea Powder
- 1oz hot water
- 8oz choice of milk (whole, oat, almond are our favorite)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
- Optional: Sweetener of choice
- Ice, if you would like to drink it cold.
How to make Roasted Green Tea Latte:
- First of all, pour 10oz of freshly boiled water into a cup to cool the water until 176°F (80°C). Usually, it takes about a 1-minute wait.
- Secondly, add 1 teaspoon (2g) of hojicha powder into a chawan bowl. Additionally, we recommend sifting the hojicha first to avoid clumping. Moreover, speed up the process with a spoon and gently push the hojicha through the sifter.
- After that, add the 10oz of hot water into the chawan bowl and whisk in a ‘W’ motion for ~1 minute, until foam covers the top. Optional: Whisk in 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener of choice. We recommend a teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Next, pour 8oz of hot milk (or cold milk if you would like it cold) into a clean cup or mug.
- Finally, to create a gradient effect, slowly pour the hojicha on top. Then, stir well and enjoy your Hojicha Latte!
If you want to read more articles on hojicha powder recipes and guides, check them out here:
- Hojicha Powder Mochi Brownies Recipe
- Recipe: Hojicha Bubble Milk Tea
- Hojicha Milk and Honey Bread Recipe
- A Guide to Hojicha: Different Types, Benefits, and How to Brew
- 8 Health Benefits of Hojicha Roasted Green Tea
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: