12.2.2019 | By C. Xu
Vanilla Matcha Hot Chocolate Recipe
With the cold weather here to stay, try this sweet and creamy Vanilla Matcha Hot Chocolate recipe for a warm treat. One delicious cup has a rich matcha flavor that pairs perfectly with white chocolate, and is filled with antioxidants. Quick and easy to make, grab your favorite book or movie while sipping on this Matcha White Hot Chocolate on a chilly day!
Vanilla Matcha White Hot Chocolate Recipe
Total Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (~12 oz) serving
- 1 tsp (2g) of Otome Matcha
- 8oz (1 cup) of milk of choice (we love almond and oat milk!)
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) White Chocolate Chips
- 2oz (1/4 cup) of Hot Water
- Optional: 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional Garnish: Matcha powder and/or mint
- In a small pot on low-medium heat, stir 1/2 cup of milk with the white chocolate until you reach a smooth consistency. Then, mix in the remaining milk and heat up.
- Sift 1 tsp of matcha into a separate bowl to prevent clumps. Pour 2oz of hot water (176°F/80°C – not boiling) into the bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Stirring well, mix the matcha and 1 tsp of vanilla extract into the milk and white chocolate mixture in the pot.
- Pour into a 12oz cup for yourself, or pour into two separate cups to enjoy with a friend, family or loved one!
If you recreate this recipe, tag us on Instagram at @senbirdtea or #senbirdtea!