Treat yourself to a creamy and energizing Matcha bubble milk tea! This is similar to your favorite matcha latte recipe, except with the addition of chewy and delicious tapioca. Experiment with this simple recipe at home, by making this with different types of milk or sweetener and also trying it hot and cold.
Matcha especially pairs well with a touch of honey that is added to the tapioca! Satisfy your bubble tea or boba craving while getting all the health benefits of matcha.
MATCHA BUBBLE TEA RECIPE
Serving Size: 1
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp (2g) Matcha green tea powder
- 1oz hot water
- 8oz choice of milk (whole, oat, almond are our favorite)
- 1/4 cup of tapioca
- 1 tbsp honey (or any sweetener of choice)
- Hot water
How to make:
- In a chawan matcha bowl or small bowl, whisk the matcha and (176°F/80°C – not boiling) hot water together.
- In a small saucepan, boil the tapioca for 5 minutes or as per the directions.
- When ready, drain the water from the tapioca. Then stir in honey on the tapioca over low heat for a minute and set aside. Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning.
- In another saucepan, heat up the milk to a slow boil.
- Assemble the bubble milk tea by scooping the tapioca and honey syrup into a cup, pour the heated milk, and finally the matcha for a beautiful gradient effect.
Tips for enjoying:
- Experiment using a milk frother to add an airy touch of milk foam
- Avoid using boiling water when preparing the matcha or else it will be bitter
- We recommend sifting the matcha to prevent clumps
- Use more matcha powder for a bolder flavor!
- For a cold drink, simply prepare the matcha first, set it aside to cool, and when assembling, add ice and use cold milk
If you want to read more articles on matcha recipes, check them out here:
- 5 Unique Matcha Drink Recipes
- How to Make Matcha Lemonade
- How to Make Matcha Banana Bread
- Strawberry Cream Matcha Shortbread
- Matcha Gin Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Matcha Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
- How to Make Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Matcha Apple Pie Ovenight Oats Recipe
- Vanilla Matcha Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Matcha Milk And Honey Bread Recipe
- Matcha Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Matcha Shortbread Cookies with Milk Glaze
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: