If you're a fan of Japanese sesame salad dressing, then you'll definitely love our nutty and creamy soba salad dressing made with Sobacha buckwheat tea! This soba salad dressing has a nutty, creamy, and tangy flavor that pairs well with any vegetables.
Naturally fragrant with a subtle sweetness, Sobacha buckwheat tea is a popular gluten-free, caffeine-free herbal tea with plenty of health benefits. Dattan soba is especially healthy since this type of sobacha contains 100 times the amount of rutin compared to common buckwheat. Studies have found that rutin offers anti-inflammatory properties that may alleviate swelling and cases of arthritis. After drinking soba tea, consider eating the kernels or using them in this soba salad dressing recipe to take advantage of all the nutrients from this delicious tea.
This recipe can be made with our Sobacha Aiji as is or after brewing. Just make sure that the kernels are as dry as possible. Enjoy our soba salad dressing recipe on your salads or favorite vegetables!
Soba Buckwheat Salad Dressing Recipe
Serving Size: 6Total time: 2 minutes
- 1/2 cup of sobacha kernels
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or 1 tbsp of white vinegar)
- 4 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
How to make:
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or blender and mix together. If you like more texture, mix by hand until all ingredients are well blended. If you prefer a more smooth texture with a bit of grittiness, add all ingredients to a blender and mix until your desired consistency.
- Pour over your favorite salad and/or vegetables and enjoy!
Our Sobacha Aiji is sourced from a maker that specializes in organic and premium soba products. Their standards ensure that the flavor, aroma, and nutrients of sobacha are of the highest quality.
Explore more articles on recipe guides below:
- 12 Green Tea Inspired Recipes For Delicious Meals and Desserts
- Ochazuke Green Tea Over Rice Recipe
- Matcha Apple Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
- Hojicha Mochi Brownies Recipe
- A Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake Recipe Worth Celebrating
- How to Make Matcha Banana Bread
- Strawberry Cream Matcha Shortbread Bars Recipe
- How to Make Rice Seasoning (Furikake) with Used Green Tea Leaves
- Matcha Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Matcha Shortbread Cookies with Milk Glaze Recipe
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: