Bring a touch of joy to any gathering with a traditional twist on a classic dessert with this Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake. This easy cheesecake recipe highlights the vegetal mellow notes and natural sweetness of matcha green tea through the rich flavors of a classic cheesecake. A perfect blend of traditional and modern flavors, this cheesecake will easily become a favorite for any matcha or dessert lover. We hope to spread a little warmth back into your gatherings through every slice and bite enjoyed with loved ones. Follow the recipe below to get started!
Matcha Cheesecake Recipe
Makes: 12-16 Slices
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 Minutes
Chill Time: At least 4 hours or overnight
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Filling
- 3 packages (24 oz) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Senbird's Matcha Otome
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat: Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F (163°C). Prepare a 9-inch springform pan with a touch of butter.
- Prepare the Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom of the springform pan, creating a crust.
- Bake the Crust: Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool down on a rack or counter top as you start the filling process.
- Making the Filling: In a large bowl, gently beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and continue to beat until well combined. Add eggs one at a time for a creamy batter. Introduce sour cream, flour, Matcha Otome, and vanilla extract, mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the Filling: Pour the batter over the baked crust, spreading it gently and evenly, make sure there are no air pockets or bubbles, this will prevent cracking.
- Bake the Cheesecake: Bake your cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. Based on your oven’s temperature, keep an eye out for the edges and center as they set.
- Allow to Set and Share: Let your creation cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar for an hour, allowing it to settle. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, giving the flavors time to meld.
PRO TIP: We suggest using our Matcha Otome which guarantees a complex flavor. This ceremonial grade matcha has a rich velvety note of chocolate with a top note of fresh sweet grass. Dust over cheesecake for a stronger matcha flavor profile.
If you want to read more articles on matcha recipes, check them out here:
- 5 Unique Matcha Drink Recipes
- How to Make Matcha Lemonade
- How to Make Matcha Banana Bread
- Strawberry Cream Matcha Shortbread
- Matcha Gin Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Matcha Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
- Matcha Shortbread Cookies with Milk Glaze
- Matcha Apple Pie Ovenight Oats Recipe
- Matcha Milk and Honey Bread Recipe
- Matcha Bubble Milk Tea Recipe
- Vanilla Matcha Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Creamy Matcha Green Tea Popsicle Recipe
- Matcha Strawberry Jam Recipe
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: