It has been proven that tea has numerous health benefits like reducing the risk of heart disease, weight loss, protecting your bones, and is a source of numerous antioxidants. There are various studies, however, demonstrating that some tea leaves contain more caffeine content than coffee beans. Well, caffeine isn’t truly bad if consumed in small doses, but it can result in insomnia and anxiety for some people.
When it comes to caffeine-free tea, Japanese herbal teas are a popular option. Indeed, there are some herbal teas that contain no caffeine at all. The reason behind this is that these teas are made from dried roots and seeds which are typically caffeine-free. If you want a tea to enjoy at night, then herbal teas are an ideal choice.
In this post, we’re going to introduce you to 3 healthy and caffeine-free Japanese herbal teas that you can drink to reap the true health benefits of tea. And do you know another great thing about these teas? These herbal teas can even help you stay hydrated during the hot summer months.
The information presented in this article is in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical treatment. You should always consult with your physician or other health care professional before adopting any treatment for a health problem.
1. Kuromamecha Black Soybean Tea
Due to its versatility and numerous health benefits, kuromamecha is one of the most popular herbal teas in Japan. You can enjoy it both hot and cold. Black bean tea, known as kuromamecha in Japan, has been enjoyed in the land of the rising sun for centuries.
The beans used to make it are a black type of soybean. Their black skin is what actually offers you its health benefits. This herbal tea has a toasty taste and savory aroma with a little bit of sweetness and no caffeine.
The health benefits of kuromamecha are:
- Anti-aging: It has an antioxidant, anthocyanin, that gives the soybean its natural skin pigment, the same found in the skin of eggplants and blueberries. This antioxidant naturally enhances blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
- Disease Prevention: In addition to helping you look and feel young, anthocyanin even works to prevent disease. It lowers the risks of diabetes and various heart diseases.
- Weight loss: The tea is compromised of compounds like saponin and isoflavones that aid in weight loss.
- Hormone regulator: The compounds like isoflavones help in regulating hormones.
2. Sobacha Buckwheat Tea
Are you in search of caffeine-free herbal tea that you can enjoy throughout the day? Sobacha buckwheat tea may be an ideal option for you as well. Sobacha’s nutty sweet flavor and toasty aroma are the results of its roasted buckwheat kernels.
Despite it’s name, buckwheat is a seed and not a grain, meaning it is isn’t made of wheat and does not contain any gluten. This Japanese tea is drunk for pleasure and enjoyment besides its health purposes.
The health benefits of Sobacha are:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: This herbal tea comes with anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize swelling.
- Cardiovascular & Diabetes prevention: This tea helps in protecting from diabetes and heart disease as it contains two natural nutrients - Rutin and D-chiro-inositol.
- Antioxidants for weight loss & immunity: This tea contains vitamin E that boosts the immune system and boosts eye health. It has compounds such as catechins that help with weight loss.
3. Mugicha Barley Tea
Mugicha is Japanese herbal tea made from roasted barley and enjoyed as a calming tea. Barley is a healthy grain that is caffeine-free and even has beneficial minerals and vitamins.
The health benefits of Mugicha are:
- Good for digestion: Mugicha is known as a natural antacid that helps to ease painful heartburn. Additionally, barley grains consist of high levels of fiber that help with constipation and boost healthy bowel movements.
- Enhances the immune system: Mugicha contains vitamin C that helps protect the immune system from various diseases and infections.
- Prevents tooth decay: Mugicha has polyphenols and antioxidants that can prevent tooth decay. These powerful compounds even help in protecting teeth from plaque build-up.
- Weight loss: Mugicha is an ideal replacement for drinks that contain a lot of sugar. As a result, drinking Mugicha can help you maintain weight with a healthy lifestyle.
There are plenty of Japanese herbal teas that are caffeine-free and healthy to enjoy all year round and during any time of the day.
Share your moment with us and stay connected on: